If you’ve decided it’s time to buy a home, you may be a little overwhelmed about all the things you need to do and decide on. Here’s a handy list of steps you should take on the way to your new home.
1. Select a professional real estate agent, like me!
2. Investigate mortgage programs with a reputable lender
3. Get pre-approved for a loan
4. Develop a “needs and wants” list for your house, with your Realtor
5. Tour homes
6. Pare down your choices using your “needs and wants” list
7. Write a purchase offer for the home with your Realtor; review a good faith estimate with your lender
8. Negotiate the contract with the sellers
9. Sign the bottom line and start packing!
10. Deliver Earnest Money
11. Schedule a home inspection
12. Attend the home inspection
13. Negotiate defects found on home inspection
14. Order Appraisal; go through lender disclosures
15. Fix Appraisal-required Repairs
16.… Read More